is a 3D graphic engine based on OpenGL and entirely written in C++,
it provides an articulated hierarchy of 3D objects and primitives using a portal-based structure.
It is able to load 3D maps, polygonal meshes, obj models, NURBS and trimmed NURBS
surfaces, Bitmap textures and TGA textures.
At this time MultiBrain implements a certain number of 3D features like texturing,
alpha-blending, shadows, reflections and some complex rendering technics besides a
little physical engine. The entire project was created to be an environment simulator
rather then a gaming framework.
The features already implemented are:
- map loading (.mb)
- polygonal mesh loading (.m)
- models loading (.obj)
- NURBS and trimmed NURBS loading (.db)
- OpenGL shading and lighting
- texture mapping and autotexturing
- environment mapping (sphere mapping, cube mapping)
- Phong hightlights over texture
- bitmap and TGA (RLE o raw) texture formats
- alpha blending
- static and realtime lightmaps
- static and realtime reflections
- realtime shadows with shadow-volumes
- dynamic clipping with occlusion-query
- text printing with 2D bitmapped fonts
- Cg e GLSL shaders loading
- collision detection with cylindrical and spherical bounding boxes
- the physical engine which can simulate:
This software must be considered an experimental project, it has a lot of testing features, some unstable code and
probably a certain number of bugs, so it must be handle with care :).